Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Great things are on their way!

Ok so we're working on a bike night at Mt. Tabor Theater, here in Portland. It's going to be a monthly event, which I'm stoked on. We'll have bike video screenings, music, food and drinks. Plus just a great time, that hopefully develops Portland's bike community further. We've got the venue on lock down and pretty much everything except sponsors. I've been talking with Jeff from All-City, and it looks like we'll have them for a sponsor in the months to come. And I'm working on getting some good companies to get in on this so that we can give people some dope gear in the process. If you have some hookups or something, let me know so we can make this even super fun for everyone.

Also, I'm working on my own personal baby... Top Secret. It will be a series of trick competitions, alley cat races, and just plain fun events. Due to my paranoid mindset, and a twisted sense of humor, the races will rely less on advertising and more on networking. If it works out as well as it does in my head, this is how it will work... A series of 3 events. I'm in the process of building a website for Top Secret, when that website is up, you will join a mailing list. When the race approaches, you'll be contacted with a time and location, you tell your friends about it and bring ONE entry fee for all of the events (provided you're participating) and in order to participate you'll have to bring your spoke card to each event. It should be super fun and hopefully it'll keep the cops off your backs. Cause nobody likes bike tickets. Keep in mind, I'm still in the planning stages but it sounds rad, right? Also lining up sponsors for that as well.

I'm trying to finally get VELOSHIP on the map so that we can do something for the community. Though, I'm a dreamer and my dreams are often a little larger than life.

I'm working on getting some product. Namely, a Milwaukee Bruiser or an All-City Dropout. I'd like to start reviewing things. So if you're listening, All-City and Milwaukee, I ride a 56(ish) in these bikes. (Actually, I did talk to Jeff about getting my hands on a Dropout... We'll see how successful I am)

Keep VELOSHIPPING,

Wes VS Pelto

No comments:

Post a Comment